Well for task 12 I have to write a post about the importance of copyright laws. Copyright laws act as a safeguard for all authors, painters, songwriters, inventors and anyone who has an original idea, thought, piece of work, or written article. Copyright laws discourage plagiarism, the act of copying, by making it illegal. This is important in modern society because it helps things (articles, books, songs, paintings or other pieces of art, etc) to retain their original form and creators, however; If an original piece of work is being used for a new piece of work (for the purposes of this example think scientific journals) it is possible to use the original in part, as long as any direct quote being used is in quotation marks ("") and any paraphrasing or even complete rewording, as long as the information is from the original copyright protected piece of work, is cited and referenced.
In regards to the question pertaining to task 12, an artist would be interested in copyright laws in order to make sure that no one copied their work and didn't cite their name in some sort of list of references, and if I saw a photo I took for class on someone elses blog I would probably ask them to remove it, however; Had I been referenced I would feel better about it because at least that way people would know that it was my photo and not the poster's.
Bridge to Terabithia
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment